Development of the Training Plan
- Identify the specific Subjects and other parts of the program to be included in the student’s individual training plan. (e.g. Are there any Foundation Sciences requirements? Does the student need to take any of Subject 2: Forensic Biology?)
- Identify how the practical exercises are to be delivered.
- If in-house, allow at least 8 weeks prior to the scheduled date to permit set up and preliminary run through. If outsourced, identify the training partner and provide them with the Laboratory Training Manual.
- Develop a schedule that ties in with the theory. Note that the theory MUST be successfully completed before performing the corresponding practical. As outlined in the Course Content and Overview, Subjects 4, 5, and 6 should be completed as a block before proceeding to the practical exercises.
- There can be an interval after the delivery of the theory and before the practical.
- Write the individual training plan with the student. Make sure that the plan documents specific dates for completion of each module and corresponding practical exercises
< Previous Page :: Next Page >