Benefits of e-Learning
e-Learning has substantial benefits and offers unique opportunities for people who might otherwise have limited access to education and training. It incorporates innovative and creative approaches to instruction and provides unprecedented access to resources and information.
- e-Learning is student centered. The learner is the core of any e-Learning system. Materials and activities are designed with the needs and interests of the learner in mind. Students assume control of their learning experience and use it to suit their own specific needs.
- e-Learning is self-directed and self-paced. Learners control the amount of time they spend on any particular topic. This allows learners to spend additional time on difficult items before moving on or to skip material they already understand. This “individualized” approach usually allows learners to complete their education and training faster than in traditional courses.
- e-Learning is interactive and hands-on. The use of a variety of multimedia in e-Learning increases student involvement and reinforces the learning experience. This leads to increased retention and a stronger grasp of the subject at hand.
- e-Learning is flexible. Learning can take place anytime and anywhere, as long as the necessary equipment is accessible. The logistics and expense of face-to-face education and training can be extremely limiting when students are separated by distance. e-Learning also allows physically or otherwise challenged students to more fully participate.
- e-Learning provides consistent and effective training. All of the target learners can participate simultaneously and receive the same information, reducing the variability introduced through multiple sessions in different locations.
< Previous Page :: Next Page >