Strategies for e-Learning Success
Recent technological advances and the advent of e-Learning have dramatically altered the world of education and training. There are millions of e-Learners in the U.S. and around the world. Today’s e-Learners come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and are of all ages. Most are working people who are trying to continue their education and improve their opportunities. Still, e-Learning is quite different from traditional classroom learning and is not for everyone. Successful e-Learning students share certain qualities and abilities.
- E-Learning requires motivation and self-discipline. Successful e-Learning students are able to study independently and incorporate study time into their busy lives. Students should set aside regular study time. e-Learning requires a real commitment to keep up with the flow of the process and to finish within the required period of time.
- Define your goals and plan for success. Define your goals and objectives for your e-Learning experience. Understand the requirements and plan ahead so that you will know what’s expected of you and how your performance will be evaluated.
- e-Learning requires good reading and writing skills. The ability to efficiently read and interpret instructions is a critical skill in e-Learning. Most activities and communications are also written, so it is important to be comfortable with your ability to express yourself through writing.
- Incorporate work, life, and other educational experiences as part of the learning process. e-Learning requires the student to make inferences based on experience as well as facts. Meaningful reflection and critical analysis of information are an essential part of the learning process. Look for opportunities to apply what you have learned in your life.
- Be willing and able to commit adequate time to the e-Learning process. e-Learning is a convenient way to receive education and training, but it is not easier than the traditional educational process. In fact, it often requires more time and commitment.
- Have access to the necessary equipment and create some personal space. It is important that you have a place to study in a peaceful and focused manner.
To be a successful e-Learner you must believe that meaningful, high quality learning can take place without a traditional classroom. When properly designed and executed, e-Learning is a highly effective and rewarding learning environment.
< Previous Page :: Next Page >