This module will describe the fundamental principles and theory to understand the concepts involved in capillary electrophoresis (CE). CE is the method of choice for amplified DNA product separation in forensic science laboratories.
Upon successful completion of this unit of instruction, the student shall be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of capillary electrophoresis.
- List the advantages of capillary electrophoresis over slab gels
- List capillary electrophoresis system components
- Describe how capillary electrophoresis systems function
- List the instruments used by the forensic science community
- Troubleshoot ABI Prism® instruments
< Previous Page :: Next Page >