The inaugural National Forensic Science Week (NFSW) celebration, held Aug, 11-17, celebrated the great work forensic scientists do to help solve crimes and keep the public safe. It also presented an excellent opportunity to educate communities about their local forensic laboratory. If you missed the excitement last week, here are some news clips from NFSW 2013:
- Oregon State Police Forensic Services Division recognizes forensic scientists
- Baltimore County police show off latest crime fighting technology (video)
- Mesa, AZ police show off their Forensic Services lab (video)
- Pittsburgh’s mobile crime unit gives tours during forensic science week (video)
- ‘CSI’ is sexy, but Phoenix crime lab work is reality
- Behind the scenes at the Montana State Crime Lab (2012 video)
More information on the event, as well as videos from forensic laboratories around the country, is available at www.forensicscienceweek.org. Use the hashtag #ForensicScienceWeek to see all the action on Twitter and Facebook.