NIJ is offering a small number of need-based scholarships to attend the 2011 NIJ Conference. The conference itself is free; the scholarships cover accommodations at the conference hotel and provide a $150 per diem. (Recipient must provide travel to and from the conference.)
Criteria: Applicant must be a public or non-profit sector, criminal justice researcher or practitioner in one of the following areas:
- Crime prevention
- Law enforcement
- Science and technology
- Victim advocacy
NOTE: Current NIJ grantees and past scholarship winners are not eligible.
How to Apply:
1. Write up to 200 words telling NIJ how you expect the conference to benefit your organization’s mission.
2. Ask your supervisor to write a letter approving your attendance.
- The letter must be submitted on your organization’s letterhead.
- The letter must affirm that your organization’s travel funds are limited.
3. Email the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 301–519–5212 no later than 5:00 pm Eastern time on Friday, March 18, 2011.