NFSTC was selected by Enterprise Florida for the Governor’s Business Diversification Award in the Business Expansion Mega Market category. The award recognizes organizations in Florida that invested in the local economy and created jobs in 2010. NFSTC is among 18 organizations to be recognized and is the only one in the Tampa Bay area to be selected for this honor. The award will be presented during a reception at the Governor’s Mansion to mark the state’s annual Industry Appreciation Week later this month in Tallahassee.
In making their selections, Enterprise Florida considered each organization’s commitment to investing in the community and efforts to improve and diversify Florida’s economy. NFSTC was chosen due to significant organizational growth, the launch of a subsidiary company, diversification of revenue sources, considerable contributions to the local economy and community outreach efforts.
Contributing factors in NFSTC’s selection are the organization’s major accomplishments over the past two years, which include:
- Winning numerous competitive grants and contracts to provide forensic training programs and other services to the criminal justice community and the Department of Defense
- Adding 16 new staff positions in 2010
- Achieving 75% growth since 2009
- Launching the Forensic Innovation Center, LLC in partnership with eight other organizations to help establish a forensic technology sub-cluster in Largo, Florida
- Bringing an estimated $1 million in revenue to the local economy through training and conference activities
Visit Enterprise Florida’s website at http://www.eflorida.com/PressDetail.aspx?id=9172
Download NFSTC’s 2010 Annual Report here: http://www.nfstc.org/about/annual-reports/