The National Forensic Science Technology Center (NFSTC) is seeking forensic science consulting expertise in Forensic DNA Analysis and Biological Screening.
We are currently looking for individuals willing to work on a contract basis to deliver training and laboratory instruction across the United States. A pool of instructors will be developed from qualified individuals responding to this announcement. Instruction opportunities (one week duration) will be filled from the pool of contract instructors based on individual availability. Contract instructors must meet the following qualifications:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in a core science and meets the educational QA standards for DNA Analyst
- Minimum three years experiences providing DNA analysis in an operational Forensic DNA laboratory.
- Familiarity with instruments, testing, and software such as:
- AB 3130 / 3500 Genetic Analyzer
- AB 7500 Realtime PCR / GeneAmp 9700 PCR
- DNA Extraction Robots
- GeneMapper ID / ID-X
- Ability to travel for a week at a time.
- Practical instruction/ mentor training delivery experience preferred.
- Availability beginning November 2012 through December 2013.
How to apply
Please submit your expression of interest through the
“apply now” link on our LinkedIN page.