DNA Analysis (Block 2), includes the following modules:
- DNA Extraction & Quantitation: Includes both manual and robotic extraction methods, quantitative PCR instrumentation using any forensic quantitation kit from Promega or Life Technologies™, proper pipetting techniques, quantitative calculations and how to perform dilutions
- DNA Amplification Amplification: Full process using thermal cyclers and any forensic autosomal and/or Y-STR kit from Promega or Life Technologies™
- Amplified DNA Separation: Capillary electrophoresis, sample preparation and handling.
- Communicating Results: Report writing and courtroom testimony
Online course includes one year of access to the theoretical knowledge base via our online learning management system, assessments, resources and materials.
Technical leaders can:
- Track analyst progress
- Receive monthly progress reports
- Review and refer to resources for the team
- Determine certificate achievement benchmarks*
Save time, effort and money
Expand the online training by including NFSTC@FIU’s instructor-led specialized workshops, hands‐on exercises and assessments. For group sales, training support, sample packs, or onsite instruction for your agency, contact us at email@example.com. For details, download our product page:
*Certificates of Completion issued to only those students who complete this training under a Lab Supervisor, Technical Leader or qualified instructor.