NFSTC’s Intermediate Crime Scene Investigation online course goes beyond basic skills to cover situations investigators don’t see every day. Expanded skills and knowledge for investigators, students interested in pursuing forensic science, corrections agencies, death investigators, tribal agencies and anyone interested in more advanced evidence collection techniques.
This course takes approximately 16 hours to complete at your own pace. Users have access to the course for 60 days. A certificate of completion will be issued to students successfully completing the course (75% assessment score).
Some of the most popular Intermediate CSI skills featured in this course are:
- Casting footwear under water
- Lifting finger prints from skin
- Bloodstain/Blood Pattern Analysis documentation
- Footwear and Tire Track measurement and photography
- The course even includes do-it-yourself experiment ideas to help students or agency teams practice new skills.
Intermediate Crime Scene Investigation modules:
- Course overview
- Specialized evidence recovery techniques
- Field testing procedures
- Specialized documentation
- Forensic light source techniques
- Evidence submission and analysis techniques
- Case studies (Evidence prioritization concepts)
- Scenario-based knowledge check
More than 300 professionals have taken this course. A pre-test helps students evaluate their improvement.
For groups of 10 or more, contact eLearning@nfstc.org for discount pricing.
Looking for something more basic? Check out NFSTC’s Intro to CSI online course.
After purchasing, you will be contacted within one (1) business day with your personal log-in credentials to begin Intermediate Crime Scene Investigation. Payments can be made via credit card or check. Need an invoice for your agency? Contact eLearning@nfstc.org.
Can’t buy online? Download and print the Offline Credit Card Purchase Form. Complete the requested information and email the signed form to eLearning@nfstc.org.
Users will need a computer with Internet access. Modules may also contain:
- Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents
- Adobe PDF documents
- Video or animations (Adobe Flash player)
NOTE: Tablets and mobile devices may not allow course content to function fully.
- For technical assistance or to purchase course access for an agency or group, contact eLearning@nfstc.org.
Online purchase Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
All sales subject to NFSTC online course terms and conditions:
All or some of the projects listed were fully or partially funded through grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the National Institute of Justice, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, and/or the US Dept. of Justice. Neither the US Dept. of Justice nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse this website (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided).