NFSTC offers a wide variety of support for publicly funded and private crime laboratories, practitioners, lab directors and managers, including grant support, needs assessments and technology assistance.
DNA Technical Reviews, featuring:
- Established processes to keep casework and database sample reviews in compliance with the FBI Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and prevent conflicts of interest
- Flexible scheduling for on-site casework and/or database sample reviews
- Our analysts are available for competency testing and will work in compliance with all laboratory requirements and protocols. In addition, compliance paperwork will be provided to the laboratory to demonstrate compliance with the FBI QAS.
External DNA audits featuring:
- A nationwide team that has performed more than 700 DNA audits. We have the experience to schedule, coordinate and execute your audit and complete your paperwork properly and efficiently.
- High-quality audits. NFSTC audits historically have a very low rate of NDIS-overturned findings.
- Carefully selected auditors for your location and instrumentation, in compliance with NIJ criteria.
Forensic Services Review Toolkit
To ensure laboratories have the tools to conduct a review of the forensic services they provide, NFSTC and the National Institute of Justice developed a comprehensive forensic services review process. This toolkit of forms, surveys and documents allows agencies to conduct a detailed assessment of their operations and provides a method to evaluate performance and facilitate service improvements. Download the toolkit in Zip format below.
Download our Capabilities Brief for information on NFSTC’s complete line of services:
All or some of the projects listed were fully or partially funded through grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the National Institute of Justice, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, and/or the US Dept. of Justice. Neither the US Dept. of Justice nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse this website (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided).